cassykay

Code Name Verity
Elizabeth Wein
Anna and the French Kiss
Stephanie Perkins
Songlines - Jen Minkman "Your story is with me,like a never ending tapestry of circles and lines,spinning on my skin like tattoos."I requested this short book of poems on a whim from Netgalley because, while I don’t normally buy books of poetry and read them cover to cover, I do enjoy poetry and find myself memorizing lines that speak to me.Jen Minkman is young-adult author from the Netherlands whose novels are mostly in Dutch. She does however, write some pretty awesome poetry in English.I really enjoyed reading this little collection...Ms. Minkman is very talented and definitely has a way with words. “I put pencil to paperAnd make myself heardIn all my love and despairI carve out my storyIn ancient stone, to be foundBy some scientist looking for the next rosettaI will not go gently.”I think this poem in particular is beautiful...we all want to make ourself heard.I give this book of poems 4 stars for originality and awesomeness!A free copy of this book was provided to me from the publisher through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!