cassykay

Code Name Verity
Elizabeth Wein
Anna and the French Kiss
Stephanie Perkins
Hush - Stacey R. Campbell This was a terrific book! I was not expecting to like it as much as I did and am extremely glad I chose to read it. One of my favorite parts about this story was the royalty. The book centers around the last heir to the royal thrown of Tamura. (Not a real country, already checked.) The characters from Tamura - and more specifically the government - seemed almost medieval to me and while some people may not have liked this, I actually really enjoyed it. It was cool to see how they acted and spoke. I also loved learning about the royal family’s past and found it extremely interesting.While the MCs Blakely and Max were a little cliche at points, I really did like them and found myself rooting for them to be together! Some parts of this story seemed rushed but - personally - I was looking for a quick, easy read and this was exactly what I wanted.The only thing I would say about this book if I was an editor was that, rather than having this book be in the young adult section, I would suggest it to be middle grade. I think that if some of the language was cleaned up it would make a fantastic book for younger readers. It was a lighthearted and quick read that I couldn’t have been more please with!On a side note, I did a little research on the author and the second book - while not listed on Goodreads yet - will be out in October of 2013. The title is Whisper and involves Blakely’s little sister Halle and a hundred year old mystery. Not sure if I’ll end up getting it but sounds interesting and, if given the opportunity, would definitely check it out. Plus, look at that pretty cover!!A free copy of this book was provided to me from the publisher through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!